Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Restaurant - Mimi's Cafe - Cary

I don't even know if they are open yet, but a new building has popped up on Walnut (really?) next to Cary Towne Center. It's called Mimi's Cafe and of course I've Goggle'd it already. Here is the website http://www.mimiscafe.com/
I've looked over the menu items and while there are no vegan items on the menu, there are several VEGETARIAN items, even on the kids menu, which is kind of exciting. Interestingly enough, they have a menu by "Lifestyle" section and only list "Carb Concious" and "Low Fat". Maybe we all need to march over there and demand our lifestyle be on there...or maybe not.

It's just nice to know that there is a new place that *might* accommodate us veg*ns. There are a few salads and wraps that look good if you leave off the chicken and cheese. Hey, sometimes I have to eat with my non-veg parents and co-workers so it's good to know.

At least by making some substitutions "our" voice might be heard. (Actually, I think that worked at Fuddrucker's about 10 years ago because I clearly remember ordering a "bun with fries" and getting a suspicious eye from the guy at the counter and now they have Gardenburger on the menu...so I know it wasn't just me, but I'd like to think I contributed anyway) :-)

No comments: