Thursday, August 28, 2008

Vegan Ranch Dip - In the Store!

This isn't a restaurant post, but I stumbled upon a vegan ranch dip mix and had to share it with other vegans looking for a decent ranch!

Lipton makes a vegan ranch powder that is in the Kosher section of the grocery store. I take a tub of Tofutti Sour Cream and mix in the packet of ranch. I found you only need about 1/2 a packet. You can adjust it to suit your taste, but I found that you don't need much of the ranch powder to make a flavorful dip.

Anyway, easy vegan ranch dip/dressing is not only a dream anymore! Yay!!!

P.S. Lipton makes several powdered soups that are vegan and can make great dips. The French Onion and even Beefy Onion are vegan. I believe most of the "Recipe Secrets" packets they have are vegan, but check the labels. Again, just dump it into a tub of Tofutti Sour Cream and you're on your way to easy party dips! No one will even notice they are vegan!


Allaire said...

Fantastic! Will have to try this right away :)

HotCake said...

Be careful.

If I recall I had seen Monosodium Glutimate on the ingredients list of a few Lipton items.

Will Fastcore said...

There are some companies who make cucumber ranch that is vegan too.

tracy said...

Whole Foods also has a ranch and a french onion dip packet that can be added to tofuti sour cream- it's in the chip aisle at the bottom of the rack and I think they are organic!